|Scumdogs of the Universe (1990)|
Ron Goudie, Hypo Luxa, Hermes Pan
GWAR's second album, and their first offering on Metal Blade. The album is often considered GWAR's opus.
Widely broadening GWAR's musical horizon, Scumdogs of the Universe presents a more musical offering, often dabbling into a more refined metal sound. The album is greatly tied with GWAR's history and legacy, and is a favorite of the band and fans alike.
The album simply details various perverse exploits by the group--such as in the song "Slaughterama," about a gameshow in which they're killing hippies and skinheads. The album also details how the band ended up on Earth (Death Pod).
- Dave Brockie (Oderus Urungus) - Vocals
- Dewey Rowell (Flattus Maximus) - Lead guitar, Rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Mike Derks (Balsac the Jaws of Death) -Lead guitar. Rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Michael Bishop (Beefcake the Mighty) - Bass, backing vocals; lead vocals on "Cool Place to Park"
- Brad Roberts (Jizmak Da Gusha) - Drums
- Danielle Stampe (Slymenstra Hymen) - Backing vocals
- Chuck Varga (Sexecutioner) - Vocals on "Sexecutioner"
- Don Drakulich (Sleazy P. Martini) - Vocals on "Slaughterama"
- The Salaminizer
- Sick of You
- The Years Without Light
- King Queen
- Horror of Yig
- Vlad the Impaler
- Black and Huge
- Love Surgery
- Death Pod
- Cool Place to Park